MADAM MIAOW’S CULTURE LOUNGE on RESONANCE FMListen to all the programmes in Anna Chen's Resonance FM series.
Reaching for my Gnu
Madam Miaow SaysAnna Chen's Orwell Prize shortlisted blog.
Anna May Wong Must Die!Anna Chen's funny & fabulous one-woman show — a personal journey through the life and crimes of Hollywood's first Chinese screen legend with satire, songs and a few laughs.
- Charles Shaar Murray’s Guide to the Blues kicks off new Madam Miaow’s Culture Lounge, Resonance 104.4FM
- Anna Chen wins at the Farrago Poetry Zoo Awards 2013
- Micro fiction in 10000 characters: why did Karen hit the red Volkswagen?
- Prayer Before Birth by Louis Macneice: a guiding light in a mad world
- George Orwell on the final Madam Miaow Resonance 104.4FM 3rd December
Tag Archives: Anna Chen
I’m delighted to report that I won the annual Farrago Poetry Zoo Award for Best Performance by a London Poet in 2013 the other week on 30th January. Held at the RADA Café in Malet Street, the Farrago poetry … Continue reading
Locally Sourced Productions Presents an evening with writer, comic and broadcaster Anna Chen reading from her “brilliant and dangerous” poetry collection REACHING FOR MY GNU on Monday 29th October. With Charles Shaar Murray on guitar and reading from his acclaimed book on … Continue reading
I’m performing this afternoon at the China In Britain event at Westminster University, 4.45pm. It’s a talk with performance extracts from my shows and a bit of poetry. The wonderful Charles Shaar Murray is my musical accompanist, playing guitar. I’ll … Continue reading
Britain’s craving for chinoiserie in the 18th and 19th centuries resulted in a trade imbalance that threatened to empty the treasury. To pay for the tea, silks, spices and porcelain we liked so much, the East India Company sold enormous … Continue reading